Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bushwood - August 3, 2012

Good turnout this week folks. We had a group of 11 people enjoy the burgers this week, plus at least one who went last week. I'll include his score, as I believe his evaluation is similar to ours this week. 24 hours after, we have 10 completed surveys, 9/10 had burgers, and one bar sammich (which I believe was a mushroom and swiss burger. Now, ENOUGH CHATTER!!!

Bushwood Sports Bar & Grill

Classic

Bushwood has been around for a few years, and is always a reliable place to go for a casual meal and a drink. They are a sports bar, have a ton of TV's and a decent beer/liquor selection.They are well known for having a daily lunch special of some sort, and it's almost always a good cheap lunch. Today the special WAS the burger, fries, and a drink, $6.94.


Not too shabby

Everyone had a burger of some description today. The kitchen had 11 burger orders dropped on them by our group alone, and they responded quickly. Everyone had their food in what I thought was a completely acceptable length of time. 

Steph, our first featured contributor! The suspicious looking man on the right is Chris. 
The Burger


My burger was…fine. I had the ½ lb. Bushy Burger with pepperjack, lettuce, onion, ketchup and mustard. Overall, it wasn’t anything special, nor was it in any way unappealing. It was merely fine. Perhaps this has to do with the fact that the special today WAS the burger, and that MAYBE had some impact on overall quality. I gave the burger a 6, as there was nothing wrong with it per se, it tasted fine, the bun was excellent, but it wasn’t anything special either. Overall, it would appear that the group agreed. Burgers themselves received a 6.11/10 with 9 people voting. The Bar Sammich/mushroom and swiss got a 7/10, with one person voting.

As delivered!
Comments from the group included: 
  • I had the 1/2 lb cheeseburger, pepperjack cheese. The cheese/meat/bun were great, and would actually have earned the burger a 9. However the lettuce was funky and the pickle tasted like ginger. Wtf?
  • I had a plain cheeseburger with pepperjack cheese. Was not asked how I wanted my burger prepared, so it came well done which is not my preference. The burger was still ok, but nothing special otherwise.
  • 1/2 pound burger special with pepper jack cheese, lettuce, onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard, and boom-boom sauce. The bottom bun was a little soggy otherwise was pretty tastey! Added the boom-boom spicey sauce for a little kick.
  • Cheeseburger with American cheese and ketchup only. I liked that the bun was toasted and crisp. The bread did taste sort of dry. I liked that it was juicy with the first bite, but then it just didn't seem to settle well. Not a lot of flavor, a little bland.
  • Had the "bushy" burger..Apparently their name for a cheeseburger. opted for Pepperjack cheese, onions, lettuce, and pickles. Was not asked how I like my burger done.. And felt that the burger itself had little or no seasoning.. It was almost like the patty was pre made and then frozen and then cooked over the grill quick. Bun was slightly toasted which I liked. But overall felt it could of had some more flavor.
Fries

I had fries on the side, Bushwood gives you the choice of fries or potato wedges. I’ve ALWAYS liked Bushwood’s fries. I’m not sure what is “special” about them, but they always seem to be hot and just crunchy enough to be appealing. They were rated 7.13/10, with 8 people responding. 

Comments from the group included: 
  • Potato Wedges. Lightly seasoned, nice and "meaty", just how I like 'em.
  • Fries.. OK seemed average fries... Felt similar to frozen fries I could of bought as the grocery store.
  • pretty good wedgies! came out a perfect temperature so wasn't sure if they were all too fresh and i prefer them to be a little crispier.
Service


I felt the service was just fine. Busy Friday lunch hour, and orders were taken, delivered, and checks handled quickly and competently. Service received a score of 7.10/10.


Participants liked the number of TV's available in the bar, and the ability to seat yourself. Also, based on responses, Dressage seems to be among the favorite Olympic sports. It's this years Curling, and soon everyone will be doing it. 


Conclusion
Based on past experiences there, I would definitely recommend Bushwood to anyone. It’s my “go to” place for when I want to have a simple lunch and a drink with someone. The food there is always good, even if I did not consider it to be "the best". Among the group, "Would you eat at this establishment again OR recommend it to your friends/family?" received a 4.3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment